Thursday, December 5, 2013
Thank you to all of you who registered for conference before Thanksgiving Day. The winner of the conference bookstore gift card will be announced FRIDAY MORNING on the first day of conference, so make sure to get there on time and see if you won! Happy spending!
Friday, November 1, 2013
Did we mention that we LOVE our ANWA sisters? The response to conference registration has been so awesome that we want to thank those of you who have taken the time to register early. And what better way to do that than by hosting a giveaway!
Here are the rules:
Anyone who registers on or before Thursday, November 28th (yep, that's Thanksgiving Day-- nice and easy to remember) will be AUTOMATICALLY entered into a giveaway for a $15 gift card to our conference bookstore! Yep, that's it. You don't have to do anything else. Just sign up for something totally awesome and you get a chance to win.
The winner will be chosen at random and contacted. We will also announce it here at the end of November. The gift card will be awarded at the ANWA Writers Conference in February.
So if you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for? Simply click here.
See you at conference!!!
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Thank you all for participating in our contests, both the LDS Author Blog Hop and the ANWA Writers Conference "Spread the Word" contest. The winners are announced below. If you won, you should have been sent an email letting you know. If you didn't get the email and your name is below, please leave a comment with instructions on how to contact you and I will get you your gift card ASAP.
WINNER OF THE ANWA WRITERS CONFERENCE "SPREAD THE WORD" CONTEST:
Thanks and be sure to check back again soon for future contests!!!
WINNER OF THE ANWA WRITERS CONFERENCE "SPREAD THE WORD" CONTEST:
WINNER OF THE LDS AUTHOR BLOG HOP GIVEAWAY:
LACEY LEIGH LAMB
Monday, October 7, 2013
Welcome to the Events & Contests blog for the American Night Writers Association! We are an non-profit corporation for LDS women writers. If you are a woman, LDS, and a writer (any form of writing), check out our website by clicking the quill picture on the left side of our blog or click here.
We love free stuff AND great books. So naturally, we wanted to combine two of our favorite things! We are thrilled to co-host this blog hop with I Am A Reader Not A Writer. Joining this contest is EASY, EASY, EASY:
1. Simply tell us your favorite book by an LDS author.
2. For an extra entry, you can follow our blog (make sure you mention that in your comment, or if you are already following, let us know) and spread the word about the contest.
Don't forget to leave a way for us to contact you. And what's the prize? A $20 Deseret Book Gift Card!!!
Ends 10/15/13 Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use a Deseret Book Gift Card. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen by rafflecopter and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Rafflecopter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Click on the Rafflecopter link below to enter. Once you've entered the contest, then make sure to hop on over to the other great blogs participating! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Our conference registration is now open! Join our contest and spread the word about our conference to all your friends. The upside? You could win a $25 Amazon gift card just for telling people about something awesome. The downside? Let's be honest, there really isn't a downside to this. So what are you waiting for?
Here's how to enter:
1. Post about our conference using twitter, fb, email, etc. and include the link to our conference page: http://anwa-lds.com/conference.
2. Let us know you've done it by leaving a comment on this blog with a link to your post. For emails, please bcc us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Make sure to include a way for us contact you if you win. Every time you spread the word you get an entry, up to four entries. You can earn an additional entry by becoming a follower of our blog (make sure to note that in your comment).
Contest ends 10/7/13 Open only to those who can legally enter, receive and use an Amazon Gift Code. Winning Entry will be verified prior to prize being awarded. No purchase necessary. You must be 18 or older to enter or have your parent enter for you. The winner will be chosen at random and announced on the blog as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other entity unless otherwise specified. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. If you have any additional questions - feel free to send us an email!
SOME OF OUR AMAZING FACULTY:
To register for the conference and get the great Early Bird deals, click here, or go to http://anwa-lds.com.
Monday, September 16, 2013
There are two things we really love at ANWA. The first is free stuff, because hey, who doesn't love free stuff? The second is bringing more attention to our fabulous ANWA sisters. So we have decided to combine these two favorite things by co-hosting an LDS Author blog hop with I'm A Reader Not A Writer!
QUESTIONS YOU MAY BE ASKING YOURSELF, OR US (WHICH IS CONVENIENT, BECAUSE WE HAPPEN TO KNOW THE ANSWERS):
- What is a blog hop? Basically, it's where we join with a bunch of other blogs and give away great books.
- What's it in for you, besides the warm feeling of giving something awesome to someone else? It's a great way to get more eyes on your books and blogs.
- What if you haven't published yet? You don't have to be a published author to participate. If you have a blog, and you'd like people to see that blog, then you can join the fun. Give away a gift card, a friend's book, or even simply a book you really like. The only restriction is that it must be written by an LDS author.
- How can I learn more? For more information or to sign up to participate, please go to: http://www.iamareader.com/2013/09/2nd-annual-lds-authors-giveaway-hop-sign-ups.html
The contest will be held October 8-15, but all participating blogs must register before then. The list of participating blogs is growing fast, so sign up soon!