Join the 2016 Spring Clean Writing Fling! (SCWF)
What Exactly IS the Writing Fling?
A fun, month-long dose of inspiration & motivation to support you in a writing goal of your choice!
What kind of goal do I have to make?
· Starting a new writing project (novel, short story, blog, etc.)
· Finishing a previously started writing project
· Studying a book about writing you’ve always wanted to
· Finish revising a work in progress
· Developing your online author platform, such as:
o Setting up a blog, or writing a certain number of posts
o Developing an author website, facebook page, or twitter account
· Swap Beta Reading with another writer
· Doing research for a book idea/scenes
· Preparing a work for self publication & publishing
· Designing illustrations or cover art – or commissioning it
· Seeking an agent/publisher – (querying, pitching, synopsis writing)
· Reading books in your genre
· Writing your life story (or a family member’s)
· Writing an ancestor’s story
How does the Spring Fling Work?
1) Join the Spring Clean Writing Fling Facebook group (to get notifications)
2) Prayerfully choose your writing-related goal
3) Work on your goal from March 1-31
4) Check out the daily posts for inspiration, motivation, & activities
5) Report back on your progress (in the Facebook comments)
Do I have to do all the activities?
No, you don't! They are offered to support & inspire YOU! Choose what speaks to you.
(Of course, the more you participate in, the more you'll benefit.)
What kind of info/activities will there be?
Each day's post will offer 5 categories to inspire and motivate you. Here are the descriptions:
Inspiring thoughts from writers, scriptures & general authorities –
Reminding you why you write!
A fun, brief activity to boost your creativity & help you be a better writer!
A five to fifteen minute writing sprint and place to share your writing -- at http://anwawritingsprints.tumblr.com/submit
Oodles of ideas, tips, motivation, even printable downloads – to help with your work in progress – at any stage!
Plus: "Links to Look At" -- Information & websites worth checking out.
5. Return and Report
“Check in” and report on your progress daily in the comments of the FB post/and blog. ACCOUNTABILITY quadruples your productivity!
Have Fun – Reach Goals – Support Each Other – Make new Friends!