How I Beat
in 100 Days
You with the story in your head but doubt in your heart, and you, Miss Too Busy to Write, ANWA has something for you. Something that can get you back on the creative path.
IT'S THE ANWA SUMMER WRITING CHALLENGE!
|Now I have a reason to live!|
How to participate
- Set a goal. It can range from 100 words per day to an entire book. The sky’s the limit.
- Share your goal with us in the comment section on this blog post.
- Join us every Saturday on the ANWA Facebook page for an encouraging message and to update us on your weekly progress.
- (Optional, but highly recommended) Designate a writing taskmaster. Someone who will check up on you daily to see where you’re at, what you’ve accomplished.
It can be anyone.
- A family member
- A friend
- A co-worker
Personally, I’d seek out a fellow writer. You can support and encourage, commiserate and challenge, generally spur each other on to kick butt.
Remember we’re striving for
consistency more than quantity.
100 days of writing = a habit that can be sustained when the Challenge ends.
100 words per day = 10,000 words
10,000 words =
- 1/3 of a Middle Grade book
- 1/6 of a Young Adult book
- 1/8 of a Grown-up book
10,000 words = a good beginning
|Wait, did somebody say free books?|
*Everyone who participates will be entered in a bi-weekly drawing. The prizes? Books, of course. Books related to the craft of writing.
Join us June 1st – September 8th for a most productive summer.