Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 11: Friday, March 11

Writivation

Time is the true equalizer. We're all given the same amount every day -- one thousand, four hundred, forty minutes to use as we see fit. But how our results vary, depending on how we use those minutes! Our commitments, choices, and habits have a huge impact on our effectiveness.

The older we get, we realize how easily time can slip by without us accomplishing all we'd like to.

I've never been a great time manager, mostly flying by the seat of my pants all my life. But during the Spring Clean Writing Fling, I've realized if I want to be a consistent, productive writer (without dropping the ball in other areas) I must learn how to make good use of the four-letter word: P-L-A-N.

When we respect our writing aspirations enough to "make place" for them in our schedules regularly (as we do for other important things like church attendance, meals, family responsibilities, work, etc.) others will respect our commitment, too. But little will be accomplished if our writing time is subject to chance, whims, or moods.

I've recently been frustrated by not getting as much writing done as I'd like, due to my loved ones wanting to spend time with me. (How sad when that becomes a challenge!) After some thought, prayer, and a closer look at my schedule, the answer became clear (for me.) I need to schedule my writing time as early each day as reasonably possible; then, knowing it's already done, I'm able to give time and place to loved ones, friends, and all other areas of my life, without conflict, guilt, or frustration. It all matters -- and writing matters, too! -- Janet Clark






Creativity Kick-Starter
LET YOUR TASTEBUDS LEAD THE WAY
Mmm, delicious! Wait, I've got it!
It was the step-sister all along!

What if sushi held the key to your character’s inner motivation? What if curry vindaloo could tell you where to set your next novel?

Maybe they can, if you’re willing to take a chance.

Opening yourself up to new things is always a good way to boost your creativity, new cuisine is no exception. Plus, it’s delicious.


And you might find a new favorite along the way. So taste that taco, bite that bagel, consume that cannoli and see what happens.
- PJ Switzer




Writing Sprint
(Use the image as inspiration for a story, poem, etc)




Let's get the mojo going. 
Set your timer for 15 minutes 
and write fast & furious. 
- PJ Switzer


Ready. Set. Go!

Share your sprint on our Tumblr page:
 http://anwawritingsprints.tumblr.com


Productivity Pointers
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
Time is on your side.
I’m a morning person (stick with me here, Night owls), so writing in the mornings works for me. When I read about a fellow creative type person who stays up until 2:00 a.m. typing away I’m always astounded. That’s straight up not possible for me. Conversely, I know women who aren’t functional before 10:00 a.m.

Is one of us wrong? Is there only one right time to work?


Of course not. The key to productivity is writing when you’re at your prime whether, that’s 9:00 a.m. or 9:00 p.m.
- PJ Switzer



LINKS TO LOOK AT:
Literary Rambles is a great source for information on agents.
http://www.literaryrambles.com





Return & Report


                                              



No comments:

Post a Comment